Thursday, December 2, 2010

My first full song!!!

Well, the lyrics at least! I'm not so good at writing music. But I've got some friends that might help me out :) Tell me what you think!!

Verse 1: Bit my lip, try not to cry
to all the people I pass by.
'Cause I've seen things they've never seen.
But I've seen things they wouldn't believe.
One sentimental starry night
can't pick the girl back up to fight.
'Cause she's been beat down so many times.
We feel the need to close our eyes.
Chorus: Cause that's just what we do,
we close our eyes, to our lives,
our pain and strife, we close our eyes.
But, what's to do?
We shield our eyes from the light of day.
So how can we expect to find a way...
to live?
V2: It's late november and it's getting cold.
I see a man going absolutely nowhere.
I wonder if he's got a home.
And if he's got one, then where?
He hears a call and stands,
but then sits back down with his head in his hands.
Because whatever he sees is just too much.
He has to shield his eyes from the pain.
Chorus: 'Cause that's just what we do,
we close our eyes, turn from our lives,
our pain and strife, we close our eyes.
But, what's to do?
We shield our eyes from the light of day.
So how can we expect to find a way...
Bridge: To praise the name of the one who put us here.
To love him is to make all the pain disappear.
To live our lives we have to draw him near.
No closed eyes, no showing signs of fear...
C2: And that's just what he'll do,
open our eyes to our lives,
heal pain and strife, open our eyes.
Just what he'll do,
we open our eyes to the light of day...
C3: Then, what we'll do,
we open our eyes, to live our lives
all for him.
'Cause if we close our eyes to the light of day,
how can we expect to find our way...
to life?

No comments:

Post a Comment